Things i have learned

When I wrote The UNFINISHED I fully expected to be signed on with a publisher. So the editing would be done with them. Now that I am an independent author I edit as I write.  It makes life a lot easier. It does not stop there. Editing Is the key to me in having a great book. After I'm done writing the manuscript I go back through proof reading. Fixing things I missed. Then I send it out to 3 proof readers. They find things I missed. I then go through it again reading it out loud. Fix more things.
Then I do layout and design. After that Is done I read it again and edit and polish it. Then I send it in for proofs. When I get proofs I send it out to my proof readers again. When they give me feed back then I polish more. Then I publish.
In the process of all that I am advertising the new book. Also keeping all my readers informed of the progress of the book.
So that is my routine and key to writing a good book. Editing editing editing. It is key.

My readers are the most important thing when writing. I always have my readers in mind. With out my readers I would not have a good book. I never want to let them down. Writing a compelling story with a good plot with the twists suspense and cliff hangers I do for my readers. I love it when you come up to me and I quote "I never saw that coming and then leave me hanging how could you do that." I love the feedback from my readers. It gives me great joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A With Jonathan Myers - Author of The Unfinished

If this offends you