The older I get

When I was 21 years old. I was cutting fire wood on the farm for my mother. I cut down a 30 ft tall ash tree. The tree got hung up in another tree. My brother in law hooked a chain around the bottom of the tree. I pulled it with the farm tractor and the base of the tree got stuck on a stump that I did not see. With the base caught the top of the tree came over and fell on me pinning me on the tractor. My brother in law grabbed the chain saw and cut the tree off of me. In



the process I broke my back. Me being me I thought I just hurt it and kept on working. I found out years later when I had an X-ray done that I did break my back. Any way I never let it stop me I still work 60 plus hours every week but I do feel it more and more. Arthritis has set in on my back and on other broken bones I have had over the years. So I feel the aches in cold mornings. It sucks. I also with age have learned the value of love in your life. The love of my beloved Diana is the most important to me. Love of my family and my children and grand children. Those are the things I hold most dear. Most of all the love for God gets deeper everyday. I look back on some of the things I have done where I should have died. I see where God protected me is God real? Absolutely he is in my eyes from protecting me in a car accident riding my Harley or falling 60 ft off a cliff I was climbing. God is with us all it’s up to each of us to see him and give him praise. God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A With Jonathan Myers - Author of The Unfinished

If this offends you