The Finishing Excerpt

Chapter 1


November 2015
Serial killer operation center:
That’s it, Agent Vasquez. That’s it!  Open your eyes.”
Agent Vasquez is an Agent with the FBI. Specializing in the involvement of American business interests to the Russian Mob. He opened his eyes to the musty scent of dampness and death. There was an overhead light shining down on him. He felt the IV in his arm. He looks to the right side and he sees the silhouette of a man sitting there in the shadows of the room.
“This new tranquilizer is awesome. It had you out for at least 12 hours.”
“What? Where am I?”
“You are the first of many Agent Juan Vasquez. You are the first of many. Welcome to my operation center.”
“You will not get away with this. I am an agent with the FBI!” Yelled the agent.
“I know you are. That is precisely the reason why you are here.”
“You cannot expect to get away with this. Kidnapping an agent is going to come with severe penalties.”
“That is exactly what I am counting on!”
22
Agent Vasquez knew at that moment that there was no way he was going to get out of this alive. He can hear it in this person’s voice. Whatever this person wanted was not going to be settled with talking or negotiations.
“Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you?”
“You? Well, you did nothing but get assigned to the Russian Mob influences. Your country and your precious government on the other hand have done plenty. You Agent, are the first of many.”
“What? Do you mean first of many?”
“Yes you have the extreme pleasure of being the first Agent. I will kill all 14 to draw him out if I have to.”
“Who? Who is this person? I can help you. If you let me go.”
23
“No! I will not let you go. Your destiny is to die in a very specific manner. Your death has to be perfect with the perfect positioning of your body. That is the plan; it will not be deviated in any way.”
Agent Vasquez knows he has no control at that point of the situation. He knew for sure he was going to die. What was bothering him the most was he did not know why? He is a young agent only 26 years old. Still having his life in front of him. The agent started to pray silently that God would help him out of this situation.
“I don’t know how he can drink this harsh swill, he calls it Bourbon. He should drink Vodka it goes down much smoother.”
“Who, is this person that you are trying to draw out?”
He puts his drink on the bench next to him and walks to the agent.
24
“Who you ask?  Well, I will tell you. He is a man who deserves to die. He is the one that has to be held accountable for his indiscretions against my country. He thinks he can kill people and get away with it. My fellow comrades called him The Angel of Death. He will pay for what he done to my country men. He will pay for it with his life. Just think it all starts with your life Agent” He says with a smile. Agent Vasquez looks at him with fear and despair in his eyes.
“You don’t have to do this. I work for the FBI. We can go after this guy. We will bring him to justice for your country.”
“No, he will just get out of it. Somehow some way, he always does. He has to pay for this with his life Agent. This is the only way. I have tried other ways and nothing works. The only option I have is to conduct a Finishing on him.”

25
Agent Vasquez sees the anger and determination in his eyes. He knew there was nothing that he would not do to complete this finishing.
“What is this man’s name that you are going after?”
“Since you are the first piece to this whole puzzle, I will tell you. His name is The Chemist Dean Jacobs. The only thing I can say Agent is this will be painless.”
The man fills a syringe with a solution. Agent Vasquez looks at him as he pushes the solution into the IV.
“There Agent you will go to sleep now.” Agent Vasquez slowly closes his eyes and enters into darkness. Then the man goes to the head of the table and puts his hands on each side of his jaw. He positions the Agents head then gives him a sudden forceful jerk. He heard the crack of his neck. With his right hand he put his fingers on his juggler to feel for a pulse. He feels no pulse.
“So it begins.” Says the killer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A With Jonathan Myers - Author of The Unfinished

If this offends you